Tired of eating the same old burgers from Mc Donalds and Burger King? Try something exotic at home. The patty served inside the burgers in most fast food joints are mostly stale, bland and full of preservatives. As for me, I was tired of tasting the same burgers again and again. So, I decided to come up with something on my own. I had a bunch of spinach in the refrigerator and hadn’t a clue how to use it before it goes bad. Hence, this recipe.
This chicken patty is flavourful, cheesy, and easy. Just a handful of ingredients, little patience and a tad of cooking skills will do the trick for you.
Check out the recipe.
- Minced chicken – 250gms
- Spinach – 1 sprig (chopped)
- Cheese – 2 cubes
- Egg – 1
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Mustard sauce – 1tbsp
- Salt as required
- Black pepper – 2tsp
- Chilli flakes – 1tsp
- Olive oil – 2-3tbsp
1) Wash the minced chicken properly and drain all the water from it. Add spinach, half cup of breadcrumbs, mustard sauce, salt, black pepper, chilli flakes and mix everything together.
2) Break and beat the egg in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pour it in the bowl containing the minced chicken mixture. Mix it well with a spatula until it’s blended well.
3) Take half of the mixture in your palm and flatten it. Throw it against your cutting board two-three times to get rid of the air bubbles.
4) Now take the patty in your palms and create a small depression in the middle with your fingers. Place a cube of cheese and cover it with the mixture from all sides. Make sure that the cheese is completely sealed inside the patty.
5) Spread rest of the breadcrumbs on a plate and coat the patty with it. Make more patties with rest of the mixture and refrigerate them for about half an hour.
6) After chilling the patties for half an hour, take them out of the refrigerator. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the patties on low flame till they turn golden brown from both sides. Cover the pan with a lid to help cook the chicken faster. Keep checking to make sure the patty doesn’t get burnt. It should take about 10-12 minutes for the patty to get completely cooked.
7) Once done, switch off the heat and place the patties on buns. Add your choice of vegetables, mayonnaise, cheese and create your own burger.
- To speed up the process, you can boil the chicken mince till it’s half cooked and then use it. However, if you have enough time, it’s always recommended to use it raw.
- Instead of spinach, you can add chopped coriander leaves as well.
- To avoid the patty sticking to your pan, add a pinch of salt once the oil is heated.